Six posts on the UCML Executive Committee fall vacant on 31 July 2018. Two of these are Officers of UCML (members of the Steering Group). The Officer roles are: Vice-chair Language and Intercultural Education, Vice-chair Research; and Ordinary Exec members: English Language Teaching [ELT], Translation & Interpreting [T&I], Northern Ireland & Italian.
We are calling for nominations of suitably qualified people for these six roles: deadline noon on Tuesday 5 March 2019.
The Role profiles for these roles are attached to this call.
Nomination forms are also attached herewith: please complete a form with your statement and the names of Nominator & Seconder & return to the UCML Hon. Secretary, Prof Naomi Segal, on firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Tuesday 5 March 2019.
The Executive Committee meets twice a year, in person or online. Each representative is in charge of their sub-discipline or nation, and is required to submit a report at each Exec meeting (and, for the three nations, also Plenary meetings), which will be discussed at the meeting. Further detail is in the attachments.
The Steering Group meets on an additional two occasions, each time ca one month before the Exec meeting. All Officers & Exec members are also expected to attend the biannual UCML Plenaries.
UCML seeks to ensure a balance of sexes, regions and types of HEI (pre- and post-92) among the members of its Steering Group and Executive Committee.
- Role Profile VC Research (6 Feb 2019)
- Role Profile VC Education (6 Feb 2019)
- Role Profile T&I (6 Feb 2019)
- Role Profile Northern Ireland (6 Feb 2019)
- Role Profile Italian (6 Feb 2019)
- Role Profile ELT (6 Feb 2019)
- Nomination form VC Research of 11 Feb 2019
- Nomination form VC Education of 11 Feb 2019
- Nomination form T&I of 11 Feb 2019
- Nomination form NI Rep of 11 Feb 2019
- Nomination form Italian of 6 Feb 2019
- Nomination form ELT Rep of 11 Feb 2019